LT Lawtank undertakes to protect your privacy and will ensure that you can continue to trust LT Lawtank with your personal data. If you contact us, you may under certain circumstances provide us with personal data that allow us to identify you as an individual (e.g., name, email address, postal address, telephone number, referred to hereafter generally as "personal data").
This Privacy Statement describes which of your personal data LT Lawtank processes and informs you about their use by LT Lawtank and any third parties, as well as about our technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data:
As an internationally active company, LT Lawtank is obligated to adjust its processes for handling personal data in line with the requirements applicable in the various countries in which our clients, contacts and staff are located, including specifically the new European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
By using the LT Lawtank website or our project management platform GoLawtank or by disclosing your personal data to us, you consent to the terms of this Privacy Statement. If you do not agree with this Privacy Statement, please do not use the LT Lawtank website or disclose your personal data to us.
LT Lawtank reserves the right to amend this Privacy Statement at any time. We recommend that you check this Privacy Statement regularly to keep current on any amendments and on how your personal data is used.
2.1. LT Lawtank as data controller
In connection with its administrative needs (staff recruitment, staff management, the provision of services and the supply of goods as well as marketing and sales promotion), LT Lawtank collects personal data as controller within the meaning of Article 4(7) GDPR.
2.1.1. Data provided to us directly by you
LT Lawtank acts as the data controller for instance when existing or prospective clients contact us in order to obtain information about our goods and services. This occurs through the following channels:
- contact form on our website
- registration on the GoLawtank platform
- postal mail
In such cases, we collect the personal data provided to us by you. Generally, this includes information such as your name, title, job title, contact information (address, telephone, email, etc.), payment information, as well as username and password. For staff (employees and freelancers), this routinely includes information about your experience with CAT tools, your language skills, your nationality, as well as quality assessments as part of the continuous evaluation process. However, the affected persons (data subjects) are free to provide additional information.
Personal data will not in all instances be processed by LT Lawtank, but may under certain circumstances also be processed by external service providers (e.g., printers, fiduciary companies, postal service providers, etc.).
Acting as data controller, LT Lawtank does not process any sensitive personal data within the meaning of Article 9(1) GDPR.
2.1.2. Data that we receive through interaction with our website and from third parties
We use various tracking technologies that collect certain types of information when you interact with the LT Lawtank website. Please review our Cookie Guidelines in Section B below to learn more about these technologies and your rights related thereto.
We can obtain information about you through other legitimate sources in order to make our goods and services available to you. Such sources may include data aggregators of third party providers, advertising partners of LT Lawtank, public sources and social networks. The data obtained may include the following:
- Contact data
- various personal data included in your profile on social networks of third party providers (e.g., LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.), which you have permitted these social networks to transmit to us (e.g., name, email address, sex, date of birth, place of residence, profile picture, user ID, friend list). You can learn more about the information that we can receive about you by consulting the website of the relevant social network. We can also obtain personal data of individuals when we acquire other companies.
2.2. LT Lawtank as data processor
In connection with the performance of services (e.g., translation and consultancy) and in relation to the personal data (including sensitive personal data) contained in the documents entrusted to us, LT Lawtank acts as a contracted data processor within the meaning of Article 4(8) GDPR. LT Lawtank processes personal data contained in such documents (with the translation of such personal data also deemed to be processing) solely for the performance of the services requested by the client (e.g., translation, consultancy, etc.).
LT Lawtank collects, processes and uses personal data:
- only for the purpose for which they were provided to us;
- only within the scope in which the personal data are necessary for achieving the specified purposes; and
- with access to the information only for those persons who are directly involved in the performance of the relevant task.
LT Lawtank may use your personal data for certain or all of the purposes specified in the following:
- Order processing and accounting: To handle your enquiries, to organise orders and provide the services, including, as applicable, for the postal mailing of documents, and to set up and manage your accounts with us.
- Customer service: To offer customer service to you, including responding to your enquires, any complaints and your general feedback regarding our services. Customer service may be provided using various forms of communication, including email, letter, telephone or instant messaging.
- Personalisation (see Section B Cookie Guidelines below for further details): We use web analysis tools to obtain information about the usage of our website and to enhance the efficacy of our advertising. These are made available by third party providers. The information collected for this purpose is transmitted using cookies (see Section B Cookie Guidelines below) to the servers of the third party (which may be located abroad). At present IP anonymization is applied. This means that the data transmitted is abbreviated, which prevents the identification of individual devices. The IP address transmitted by your browser in connection with the usage of third party tools is not combined with other data from these third party providers. A transfer of this information by the third party providers only occurs based on statutory provisions or in connection with contracted data processing.
- Communication: We may communicate with you electronically (e.g., by text message, email and online advertising) or by postal service. If you signed up for the LT Lawtank newsletter and have provided your consent to receiving newsletters and advertising emails (cf. double opt-in procedure, Section 5.1 below), we will use your email address for advertising our services. If you have already entered into a contractual or pre-contractual relationship with LT Lawtank or have already expressed an interest, we have a legitimate interest in using your email address and mailing address for sending notices (info emails) about our goods and services, provided that the information we plan to send is relevant for you.
- CAT / TM: We use so-called CAT tools (programs for computer-assisted translation) for translating. Generally, sentences or "segments" of a translation are saved in a so-called "translation memory" (TM). These segments, to the extent the relevant text passages match, may be used by authorised persons for future translations on a cross-project basis. Segments containing particularly sensitive personal data and/or particularly confidential/delicate contents will be anonymised or removed from the TM.
Except as follows, LT Lawtank does not disclose your personal data to third parties:
4.1. Related Companies
LT Lawtank may disclose your personal data to its group companies or related companies for legitimate business purposes.
4.2. Service Providers and Contracted Data Processors
LT Lawtank may engage service providers, agents or contractors (including freelance translators) to provide services on behalf of LT Lawtank, including the administration of the LT Lawtank website and the services made available to you. These third parties (printers, dispatch partners, banks or payment service providers) may under certain circumstances have access to your personal data and process them as part of the provision of such services. LT Lawtank requires such third parties by a written agreement to comply with all relevant data protection laws and security requirements in relation to your personal data, to guarantee confidentiality and data security, and to use the data solely for the agreed purpose.
4.3. Statutory Provisions and Sale of Company
LT Lawtank may under certain circumstances disclose your personal data if required by law or if in LT Lawtank's discretion such disclosure is reasonable and necessary in order to comply with a court order or to respond to legal claims. In the event of the full or partial merger with or the acquisition of LT Lawtank or any part thereof by another company, the buyer will receive access to the information managed by LT Lawtank. This information may include your personal data.
5.1. Right to Opt Out of Marketing Communications
You have the right to object to or withdraw your consent to the receipt of LT Lawtank marketing communications by:
- not signing up to receive the newsletter or not providing your consent to the receipt of newsletters and advertising emails or at any time objecting to the sending of the newsletter and the usage of your email address for advertising purposes by using the link contained in the newsletter or in the advertising emails or by sending an email to email@example.com or, respectively, by following the instructions for opting out contained in the relevant marketing communication; please note that if you decide to receive text messages, the terms and conditions of your mobile telephone provider apply, which may result in possible charges.
- objecting to the dispatch of info emails and the usage of your email address for notices at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will in each case specifically alert you to this right to object in all info emails. Please note that you may still receive administrative communications from LT Lawtank, even if you have withdrawn your consent to the receipt of marketing communications. These may include order confirmations and notifications about account activity (e.g., account confirmations and password changes).
5.2. Further Rights
- You have a right to information concerning the processing of your personal data (for example, the origin of the data, the purpose of processing and the manner of processing). If LT Lawtank cannot provide information about your personal data, you will be given the reasons therefor.
- You also have the right to request rectification by LT Lawtank of any inaccuracies in your personal data.
- You are further entitled to object to future data processing (e.g., to require that translations only be performed within Switzerland, that no CAT tools be used, that the TM be fully anonymised, etc.) or to restrict it or require the erasure of the data.
LT Lawtank protects your data and documents through appropriate technical and organisational security measures and saves them solely on secure servers. LT Lawtank works with a fully virtualised IT infrastructure, which means that all data are stored on the company's own servers in a data centre in Switzerland, with a secure back-up at a different location. LT Lawtank does not store any electronic data on end devices. Physical data are stored on the premises of LT Lawtank for the permitted time periods.
Our email traffic is generally encrypted. Your data and documents are protected during transmission from the website to the LT Lawtank data server through usage of the SSL encryption process (Secure Socket Layer). We construe the receipt of incoming unencrypted emails as consent to the encryption of outgoing email communications. If you do not have encryption technologies, please contact us in order to nonetheless enable encrypted transmission.
Unless contractually agreed otherwise, LT Lawtank stores documents, including personal data, for the duration of the performance of services to and cooperation with the client, but at most for the duration of the 10-year retention period under the Swiss Code of Obligations.
Upon your request, we will erase your personal data from our system prior to expiry of the 10-year retention period or anonymise it accordingly so that identification is not possible. The forgoing is without prejudice to any statutory or administrative requirements to provide specific retention periods.
In order to exercise the rights mentioned above and to request information, please contact the LT Lawtank Data Protection Officer by email at dataprotection@. You may of course also use the contact information provided under lawtank.chLegal notice or available on the website Contact form. LT Lawtank will process and use the information provided by you solely to handle your enquiry.
In the event LT Lawtank fails to comply with applicable data protection law, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority.
LT Lawtank uses so-called browser cookies (hereafter referred to as "cookies"). Below we provide you with information about the usage of cookies on our website.
Cookies are small text files, generally comprised of letters and numbers, that are saved by the users' web browser on their PC and that contain pseudonymised data. Cookies enable a website to recognise the users' computer in order to trace visits to multiple pages on a website and to identify the users when they return to the website.
a) In terms of the origin of cookies, the following types can be distinguished:
- First-party cookies are generated by the domain www.lawtank.ch.
- Cookies of third-party providers originate from other parties.
b) In terms of the duration of the effect of cookies, the following types can be distinguished:
- Session cookies are temporary cookies that are used during your visit to the website to enable it to remember you and are disabled when the web browser is closed.
- Permanent cookies are used in order to note your preferences on the website and remain on your device even after you have closed your browser or restarted your device. These temporary cookies remain stored on your device for a period between one month and ten years, depending on the type of cookie and are disabled automatically at the end of the programmed time period.
c) In terms of the usage of cookies, the following types can be distinguished:
- Technical cookies are necessary in order to enable you to use the website along with the services offered on it.
- Analytical cookies are used to create a pseudonymised usage profile for the purposes of web analysis. They make it possible to recognize returning users (using the same device), to analyse their browsing habits on a website, to optimise websites and to measure their reach.
- Tracking cookies for advertising purposes are used for the purpose of usage-based online advertising. These tracking cookies store details of your browsing habits on the website (IP address; user ID; date and time; title and URL of the pages visited; referrer URL; screen resolution; time in the user's time zone; files accessed and downloaded; links to other websites clicked on; time required to load the page; the city from which the user visits the website; language settings, name and version of the browser) within pseudonymised usage profiles.
The legal basis for the usage of cookies is a legitimate interest (i.e., interest in the analysis, optimisation and economic management of our website and services) within the meaning of Article 6(1)(f) of the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
4.1. Cookie banner
Duration of effect
As soon as you click OK in the cookie banner, this cookie is saved so that the cookie banner does not appear again.
4.2 Google Analytics
Third party cookie
1600 Amphitheatre Parkway
Duration of effect
Für die Webanalyse nutzen wir den Webanalysedienst Google Analytics des Anbieters Google.
Wir verwenden Google Analytics, um zu verstehen, wie unsere Medien-Kampagnen funktionieren und wie Sie mit unserer Website interagieren, um daraufhin die Benutzerfreundlichkeit zu verbessern.
Your IP address is therefore abbreviated beforehand by Google, removing the last eight characters, within member states of the European Union or in other states that are party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. The transmission of your information to a third country outside the EU is covered by an adequacy decision of the European Commission (C/2016/4176 of 12 July 2016 – data.europa.eu/eli/dec_impl/2016/1250/oj) within the meaning of Article 45 GDPR, as Google has undertaken to comply with the principles of the EU-US Privacy Shield (https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework)
The information generated by the cookie about your usage of the website (browser type/version, operating system used, referrer URL, host name of the accessing computer (IP address), date and time of the server request) is normally transferred to one of Google's servers in the USA and stored there.
We anonymise your IP address on our website before passing it on to Google, which operates Google Analytics as a contracted data processor.
By using the browser add-on for disabling Google Analytics, website visitors can prevent Google Analytics from using their data.
You can find further information about data processing in relation to Google Analytics at https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en
Third party cookie
LinkedIn Ireland Unlimited Company
Duration of effect
We use the conversion tracking and retargeting technologies of the social media provider LinkedIn.
The LinkedIn Insight Tag enables us to measure the results of our advertising campaigns on LinkedIn, to optimise them and to address visitors to our websites at a later stage with adverts on LinkedIn or other websites.
If you visit our website, your browser will use a tracking pixel (LinkedIn Insight Tag) in order to establish a direct connection with the LinkedIn servers. LinkedIn will then save a cookie in your browser and collect and store your IP address and track your usage of our website and other websites containing a LinkedIn tracking pixel – even if you are not a member or are not logged in.
If you are (or become) a member of LinkedIn, LinkedIn may associate these tracking data with your account, analyse them and use them for targeted advertising – on behalf either of us or of other advertisers – on LinkedIn or on other websites (unless you have opted out of such targeted, interest-based advertising in the privacy settings of your account).
You can opt out of the analysis of your usage by LinkedIn and the display of interest-based recommendations through the following link
You can find further information about data protection at LinkedIn here:
4.4. Google AdWords
Third party cookie
1600 Amphitheater Parkway
Duration of effect
We use the online advertising service Google AdWords with conversion tracking from the provider Google. This means that a specific cookie is allocated to us as an AdWords customer. If you click on an advert for us displayed by Google, Google will save this specific conversion tracking cookie on your computer.
If you visit our website, both we and Google will be able to recognise that you have clicked on one of our adverts and been forwarded to our website.
As a rule, the unique cookie ID, the number of ad impressions per placement (frequency), the last impression (relevant for post-view conversions) as well as opt-out information are saved under this cookie for analysis purposes.
We ourselves do not collect and process any personal data when using Google AdWords. We only receive statistical assessments from Google indicating the total number of users who have clicked on an advert and have been forwarded to the relevant website with a conversion tracking tag. Using these assessments, we are able to recognise which of the advertising measures deployed have been particularly effective.
This cookie cannot be traced through the websites of other AdWords customers. We do not receive any further data from the use of advertising, and in particular are unable to identify users from this information.
Due to the technologies used, your browser automatically establishes a direct connection with the Google server in the USA.
You can prevent the operation of this tracking process by adjusting the appropriate settings in your browser (in particular by disabling third party cookies) or configuring your browser in such a manner as to block cookies from the domain www.googleadservices.com (https://www.google.com/settings/ads); please note that these setting are deleted when you delete your cookies.
You can also disable personal advertising from the providers as part of the self-regulation campaign "About Ads" (http://www.aboutads.info/choices); although this setting is deleted when you delete your cookies.
You can also permanently deactivate personalised advertising under http://www.google.com/settings/ads/plugin in your browser (Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome). Please note that if you do this, you may not be able to use all of the features of this website to the fullest extent.
You can find further information about data processing in relation to Google AdWords at http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy.
4.5. Microsoft Bing Ads
Third party cookie
One Microsoft Way
Duration of effect
We use tracking technologies from the service Bing Ads, which is provided and operated by Microsoft.
As part of this process, Microsoft saves a cookie on your end device if you are referred to our website from a Microsoft Bing advert. Both we and Microsoft Bing are thereby able to recognise that a person has clicked on an advert, has been forwarded to our website and arrived there at a previously designated target website (conversion website).
The cookie is used to collect information concerning usage of our website, such as the URL of the page visited, the URL of the referring page, as well as the IP address.
If you wish to deactivate targeted and interest-based advertising from Microsoft, please visit the following page: www.linkedin.com/psettings/guest-controls/retargeting-opt-out.
You can find further information about Bing Ads and the usage of personal data for advertising purposes by Microsoft at https://secure.bingads.microsoft.com and in the Microsoft Privacy Statement: https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-US/privacystatement
Most browsers automatically accept cookies. However, you can instruct your browser not to accept any cookies or to ask you each time before accepting a cookie from a website visited by you. You can also delete cookies on your device by using the corresponding feature in your browser.
We explain below how to disable cookies in the most commonly used browsers:
Nachfolgend zeigen wir Ihnen die Möglichkeiten zur Deaktivierung der Cookies in den meist verwendeten Browsern:
If you decide not to accept our cookies or the cookies and tools of our partner companies, you will not see certain information on our website and will not be able to use certain features intended to improve your visit.
This website uses so-called web fonts, which are provided by Google, in order to display fonts in a uniform manner. This is intended to ensure a consistent and attractive presentation of our online content.
Whenever you access a page, your browser will load the web fonts required in a browser cache in order to be able to display text and fonts correctly.
1600 Amphitheatre Parkway
The browser used by you establishes a link to Google's servers. This enables Google to establish that our website has been visited from your IP address.
If your browser does not support web fonts, a standard font will be used by your computer.
6.2 Google Maps
This website uses the map service Google Maps. This is intended to ensure an appealing presentation of our online offerings and to enable us to be found more easily at the location indicated on the website.
1600 Amphitheatre Parkway
Whenever our website is visited, Google is informed that you have accessed the relevant page from our website. In order to use the Google Maps function, it is necessary to store your IP address. This information is normally transferred to one of Google's servers in the USA and stored there.
In addition, further data is transferred to Google's servers in the USA. This occurs regardless of whether you have a user account with Google or are logged in to Google. If you are logged in to Google, your data will be associated directly with your account.
We do not have any influence over the transmission of these data.
If you do not wish data to be associated with your profile by Google, you must log out before visiting our website.
6.3 Google Tag Manager
This website uses Google Tag Manager. This service enables us to manage website tags through a single interface.
1600 Amphitheatre Parkway
Google Tag Manager merely implements tags. No cookies are saved and no personal data are collected. Google Tag Manager may trigger other tags, which may under certain circumstances collect data. Google Tag Manager does not use these data.
You can find further information concerning Google Tag Manager under the following link: http://www.google.com/tagmanager/use-policy.html
To the extent permitted by law, LT Lawtank disclaims liability on the following grounds:
LT Lawtank does not guarantee that the information provided is accurate, complete and up to date. We also emphasise that the information and content provided on the website do not constitute a substitute for individualized counsel.
Linked and external content
LT Lawtank is not responsible for the content of any other websites accessed through this website that are not maintained by LT Lawtank and does not endorse, support or confirm any content originating from external sources or from sources that are linked to from such sources.
LT Lawtank does not guarantee that the information, software, documents or other information accessible through such websites is/are free from viruses or other harmful components and disclaims any liability therefor.
The confidentiality and security of communications over the internet or by email is only guaranteed by LT Lawtank if the email communication is encrypted in accordance with the state of the art. LT Lawtank construes the receipt of incoming unencrypted emails as consent to the encryption of outgoing email communication in order to ensure compliance with data protection laws. If you do not have the option of encrypting your outgoing email communications, please contact us, so we can provide you with an encrypted communication channel. If a failure by the client to encrypt electronic correspondence from LT Lawtank results in a breach of confidentiality, LT Lawtank disclaims any liability therefor.
LT Lawtank reserves the right to make changes to the content of the website and these provisions at any time. The user is therefore invited to review these provisions on each of his/her visits.