For 20 years, our team of experienced legal professionals, attorneys and legal linguists from various countries, legal systems and industries has been successfully translating complex legal texts.
Thanks to our understanding of the legal contents of the texts we ensure that the translation is not only linguistically flawless but also substantively precise.
With our consistent quality management according to ISO17100 and ISO18587 we guarantee the linguistic precision and the legal quality of the translated documents. Depending on client requirements, intended use, target audience, content, language combination and other criteria, we generally offer you two different processes:
Do you have documents that you need to have translated and submitted to an authority in another canton or country?
Since our inception, we have continuously and carefully built up a global network of attorneys, legal professionals and legal linguists with deep practical and linguistic knowledge. This allows us to provide the highest rate of legal and linguistic precision in over 40 languages on all continents.
*Other languages on request
Translation support for negotiations concerning a collective employment agreement for a public sector enterprise.
Particular challenges on this project included the very tight deadlines and the need to reflect linguistic nuances when implementing the results of negotiations into two national languages.
Since it was founded, LT Lawtank has provided translation support within countless national and international legal proceedings, in some cases through various instances. We have provided translations with legal force or binding effect, although also purely for information purposes.
- Exchange of correspondence between the parties
- Court orders
Acting on the instructions of the Department of Commerce of a mentor state to a North African country seeking accession to the WTO, LT Lawtank provided translation support over a number of years during the preparatory stage for accession, in the process translating significant quantities of legislation that was of relevance for the accession.
LT Lawtank has translated comprehensive documents and contracts of relevance for a number of M&A transactions (in some cases working in a data room, and in others with remote access).
Support for the procedure by LT Lawtank from the first examinations as part of the in-house investigation through to the public criminal prosecution and damages action.
An English mother tongue couple concludes a marriage and inheritance contract in French and has it notarised by a notary public in the Canton of Fribourg. In order to ensure that the parties understand the contents of the contract and to comply with the requirements of notarial law, LT Lawtank translates the French contract into English and subsequently the same legal translator then acts as an interpreter in French and English during the notarisation ceremony held at the notary's offices.
- Linguistic support concerning legal aspects and the preparation of communications for major tournaments held by various sporting associations (sponsorship contracts, media law contracts etc.)
- Translation of CTD documentation in relation to the licensing of pharmaceuticals
- Translations relating to the preparation of new draft legislation and within consultation procedures for federal and cantonal legislation
- Translations relating to legislative drafts and messages for discussion in Parliament
- Support over a number of years for a corporate restructuring: Translation and adjustment of comprehensive employee documentation (guidelines, regulations, handbooks, HR templates etc.)
- Timely translation of large volumes with complex specialist terminology
- Regular foreign language support for legal publications of leading publishers
- Commentary on the Swiss Occupational Pensions Act/Vested Benefits Act
- Legal theory publications
- Leading civil law journals:
- Sicherheit & Recht
- and more...
LT Lawtank regularly translates for various courts and administrative authorities. Documents include statements of claim (and in some cases the entire exchange of correspondence), decisions, orders, forms and other documents with legal force or binding effect into other official languages or the native languages of the participants.
LT Lawtank's staff are fully versant with the often formalistic language, expressions and abbreviations used in notarial practice within various legal systems.
- Incorporation of foundations
- Incorporation of capital companies
- Establishment of branch offices
- Real estate contracts
- Translation of wills (subject to particularly exacting requirements of precision due to the principle of devisor intention)
- Marriage and inheritance contracts
- Civil status documents
- and more...
Careful transcription of a handwritten will with subsequent translation into the language of the competent inheritance office / executor. Because of the applicable principle of actual intent, it was essential that the translator adhered strictly to the testator's formulations and did not translate freely.
- Fund prospectuses (subject to particularly exacting requirements of precision due to the enhanced prospectus liability)
- Fund annual (or half yearly) reports
- FATCA documentation
- Management reports
- Annual accounts
- Documents relating to licensing procedures (FINMA [CH], BAFIN [DE], AMF [F])
- Incorporation documents
- Articles of association
- Organisational regulations
- Codes of ethics
- Management reports and annual reports
- BoD minutes
- Remuneration reports
- Data Protection Policy
- and more...
- Contracts of employment
- Staff regulations
- Employment references
- Codes of conduct and codes of ethics in more than 10 languages
- Documents relating to employment law disputes
- Documents relating to job advertisements
- Notices of dismissal
- and more...
- Any type of individual contract or standard form contract (both for information purposes and also for signature in the target language)
- Terms of participation
- Scientific studies
- Bankruptcy schedules
- Tax documents, e.g. tax rulings
- Decisions of cantonal tax boards
- Training documentation
- Specialist examinations
- Insurance policies
- Insurance contracts
- Insurance regulations
- Legal opinions
- and more...